Crispy Layered Pomme Anna Potatoes
This is a modern twist on the French Classic Pomme Anna! A great side dish to be served at your next dinner party with a roast or a seared piece of lamb, chicken …
- 5 potatoes peeled and sliced thinly
- 300 g butter melted
- 4 cloves garlic crushed
- 4 sprigs rosemary
- 3 tbsp corn flour
- 3 tbsp parmesan grated
- 1 tsp dried herbs
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 160°C.
- First, line an oven proof dish with greaseproof paper with extra hanging around the sides to cover once ready to be transferred in the oven. Melt the butter with the garlic clove, rosemary. Set aside.
- In a bowl, place the sliced potatoes, season with salt and pepper and add the t. Pour the warm melted butter. toss to coat the potatoes win the butter and immediately transfer in the ovenproof dish. Press gently to ensure no empty gap are appearing.
- Cover with the sides of parchment and place in the oven.
- Cook in the oven at 160°C until the potato is cooked all the way through about 45 minutes (you can test by pushing a thin blade small knife into to the terrine it should push through with no resistance).
- When cooked, remove from the oven, leave to cool completely at room temperature. Press gently to push excess butter between each layered of potatoes then place in the fridge for about 4 – 6 hours or overnight if desired. You can add a small weight if desired to create a flat result.
- Once cooled, remove from cooking dish, and cut into large square sized pieces. Set on toothpick to ease handling.
- Preheat the air fryer to 200˚C. in a small bowl, combine cornflour, parmesan, and dried mix herbs.
- Dip the potato pieces in the cornflour and parmesan mixture. And place in the air fryer.
- cook the pieces in the air fryer basket for 12-15 minutes until crispy.
- Enjoy immediately.