Slow cooker mac and cheese
- 400 g dry macaroni pasta
- 80 g butter melted
- 2 tins evaporated milk 800 ml
- 150 ml cream optional, replace with vegetable stock if preferred
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 1 tsp mustard optional
- 300 g cheddar cheese grated
- Salt and Freshly ground black pepper
- Place in a slow cooker bowl the melted butter, evaporated milk, cream, onion, garlic, mustard and grated cheese. Season with salt and pepper and stir once or twice.
- Add the dry macaroni pasta and again stir well to ensure the pasta are well combined.
- Place in the slow cooker over low setting and cook with the lid on for 60 minutes.
- Stir once to check the doneness of the pasta and place the lid back to cook for a further 15-20 minutes until the pasta are cooked to your liking. (Depending on your slow cooker it might take an extra 30 minutes!)
- Serve immediately!