Harissa Chicken and Beans
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 400 g chicken filets diced
- 1 red onion chopped
- 2 cloves garlic chopped
- 2 carrots diced
- 1 yellow pepper chopped
- 1 green chili sliced, optional
- 3 tbsp harissa sauce we used SuperValu signature Taste harissa sauce
- 1 tin mixed beans
- 300 ml water or chicken stock
- Salt and pepper
- Heat the oil in large saucepan over moderate heat.
- Add the chicken pieces. Cook for 2-3 minutes until just coloured. Add the onion, garlic, carrot, pepper and chilli and sauté for a further minute.
- Add some chilli, harissa sauce, tin of beans, water. Season with salt and pepper.
- Simmer for about 15 minutes, covered with a lid. Check the seasoning.
- Serve and enjoy immediately.