Garden Vegetables Buddha Bowl
Add some raw marinated fish for a traditional Poke bowl , or some Avocado if you are in a region or country where they are grown sustainably. Not in Ireland! Serves 4
- 200 g rice cooked as per pack instructions
- 30 g coriander fresh and chopped
- 4 tbsp sunflower oil
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp. chilli flakes
- 1 lime juice and zest
- 2 tbsp yogurt
- 2 tsp. sesame seeds plus more for garnish
- 1 cos lettuce shredded
- 4 young carrots sliced thinly
- 100 g fresh peas
- 2 shallots thinly sliced
- ½ cucumber sliced
- 2 to matoes sliced – we used beef tomato.
- 100 g cherry tomatoes
- 5 green beans chopped
- 100 g kombu seaweed we used Wild Irish Seaweed – optional
- Salt and pepper
- In a blender bowl, place the coriander, 4 tbsp sunflower oil, garlic clove, fish sauce, soy sauce, sesame oil, chilli flakes, ½ lime juice and zest. Pulse until a smooth paste is achieved. Add the yogurt and check the seasoning adding salt and pepper if needed. Keep aside.
- Then, build the bowl.
- Place in each serving bowls, the warm rice, spoon the coriander dressing then place on one side of the bowl the salad leaves, cucumber, tomatoes, shallots, peas, cherry tomato, beans, carrots.
- If using the crispy kombu. Follow pack instruction and rehydrate the seaweed. Pat fry and place oon a roasting tray with a drizzle of oi land some pepper and chilli flakes. Bake until crispy in the oven for 15 minutes or until crispy.
- Remove from the oven and set aside.
- Drizzle the salad just before serving with extra soy sauce, sesame oil, the rest of the lime juice and zest, and sesame seeds. Enjoy immediately.