Creamy Potato and Squash Gratin
- 700 g rooster potatoes diced
- 600 g butternut diced
- 4 sprigs thyme
- 1 onion sliced
- 4 cloves garlic chopped
- 250 ml vegetable stock
- 200 ml cream
- 250 g cheddar grated
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 160˚C.
- In a saucepan, place the potatoes pieces, butternut squash, onion, garlic in a large wide saucepan and cover with water. Add some salt, and thyme. Bring to boil and simmer for 8-10 minutes until just softened.
- Transfer the vegetables over onto a gratin dish. Check the seasoning. Pour over most of the liquid to ensure the vegetables are covered and sprinkle the cheese over.
- Place in the oven for 35-40 minutes until cooked through and crispy.
- Remove from the oven and serve immediately.