Indulgent Chocolate Fondants
These chocolate fondants are very rich and indulgent. Good quality chocolate makes all the difference, so try to get chocolate with a minimum of 70% cocoa solids.
- 110 g butter
- 200 g Dark chocolate broken into pieces
- 3 eggs separated
- 110 g caster sugar 10g +100g
- Pouring cream to serve
- Preheat the oven to 180˚C/350˚F.
- Over a pan of simmering water, melt the chocolate with the butter in a bowl until combined. Remove from the heat and set aside for 2 -3 minutes.
- In the meantime, in a separate bowl, beat egg yolks with 10g of sugar until combined. Keep aside
- In a third bowl, whisk the egg whites until soft peak and start to combine the caster sugar until sift and shiny as a meringue.
- Fold the egg yolk in the chocolate mixture and then the meringue.
- Fill 4 porcelain teacups two-thirds full and arrange on a baking tray and bake for 12 minutes until well risen but still with a slight wobble in the centre.