Chicken and Mushroom Focaccia sandwich
- 1 tsp. sunflower oil
- 200 g chicken fillet diced
- 1 red onion chopped
- 2 cloves garlic crushed
- 200 g button mushrooms quartered
- 1 tbsp red pesto
- 100 ml white wine
- 500 g focaccia bread sliced
- 3 tbsp fresh parsley
- Salt & Pepper
- Over medium high heat, Drizzle a little oil in a large saute pan and the chicken fillet pieces, sliced onions, garlic and mushrooms. Season with some salt and pepper. Cook for 4-5 minutes, Stirring.
- In a separate pan, over high heat, drizzle some oil and add the cherry tomato whole to colour and char and add the focaccia bread on the pan too to colour, while the rest of the ingredients are cooking in the other pan.
- Then, once the chicken pieces are nearly cooked, add the pesto and a drizzle of white wine if desired. Toss to combine and allow the mixture to come to a gentle simmer for a minute. Remove from the heat and sprinkle over the parsley. Heck the seasoning and serve immediately over the warm and toasted focaccia bread slices.
- Tip; serve this mixture with some boil rice or some pasta or create a tasty breaded salad by adding the slices of focaccia into with the chicken to colour .