Chicken Breast Cacciatore
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 4 chicken breasts
- 1 red onion finely chopped
- 1 green pepper chopped
- 1 yellow pepper chopped
- 3 garlic cloves crushed
- 2 carrots chopped
- 100 g mushrooms quartered
- 250 ml red wine
- 2 x 400g tins plum tomatoes
- 1 sprig rosemary
- salt and pepper
- In a saucepan, over moderate heat, drizzle 1 tbsp of olive oil and add the chicken pieces, cook for 2-3 minutes until caramelised slightly.
- Add the vegetables and continue to sauté until the vegetables are coloured too.
- Add the red wine and tin of tomatoes.
- Season with salt and pepper and the herbs.
- Bring to simmer and turn the heat to low. simmer for 20-25 minutes until the chickens breasts are fully cooked and the vegetables are softened .
- Once cooked serve with your favourite side of mashed or boiled potatoes or some pasta!
- Sprinkle with some parmesan and enjoy.