Cheesy Smoked Haddock Smokies
- 1 tbsp olive Oil
- 300 g naturally smoked haddock skin removed and diced.
- 1 onion chopped
- 2 to matoes diced
- 1 Potatoes diced in small cubes.
- 200 ml Cream
- 100 ml white wine
- 50 g goat cheese
- 50 g mature cheddar cheese grated
- Salt and pepper
- Pre-heat the oven to 180°C.
- Over medium heat, Heat a sauce pan with 1 tbsp oil and fry the haddock pieces for 1- 2 minutes. Add the vegetables and stir once or twice. Pour in the cream and white wine.
- Bring to the boil and simmer for 4-5 minutes to infuse the cream and cook the vegetables and fish.
- Remove from the heat, season lightly with salt, and add goat cheese to melt in the infused cream.
- Pour the mixture in an oven safe dish.
- Sprinkle the top of each dish with the cheddar cheese.
- Place in the oven for 10 minutes until the cheese is bubbling and browned.
- Remove from the oven and serve immediately with some nice crusty bread or salad.