Boxtie Bubble & Squeak
- 300 g Mash Potatoes leftover
- 1 potato grated
- 1 Egg
- 100 g cabbage sliced, cooked or fresh
- 100 g Tom Durcan spiced beef chopped or cooked ham, and extra to serve
- 1 tbsp Oil
- 40 g Butter
- 50 g salad leaves optional to serve
- Salt and pepper
- In a bowl, combine the mashed potato with the grated potato. Add the egg, cabbage, chopped spiced beef and some salt and pepper if needed. Mix with your hands to create a potato cake texture. Add a little of flour if desired.
- Drizzle in a frying pan some oil over a medium heat. Shape the mixture into individual patties and place onto the pan.
- Cook for 3-4 minutes then flip the patties to cook on over side. Once turned, add the butter and let if foam to enhance the flavour, cooking for a further 5 minutes.
- Carefully, remove from the pan and serve with some extra spiced beef and salad.
- Enjoy while piping hot.