Baked Lemon and apple tart
This recipe is a cross between a lemon tart and an apple ! it is sweet yet sharp. A brilliant afternoon treat to refresh your taste bud! use quince or cooking apple to bring compote texture!
- 300 g sweet pastry
- 150 g caster sugar
- 3 eggs beaten
- 1 tsp corn flour optional
- 3 lemon 2 lemon zest and 3 lemon juice
- 1 quince or cooking apple grated
- 1 dessert apple grated lemon zest
- 90 g butter melted
- icing sugar to dust
- Preheat the oven to 180˚C.
- Roll out the pastry on a lightly floured surface. Line, with the pastry, a fluted tart tin with removable bottom. Place in the fridge to set for 30 minutes. Set over the pastry parchment or oven safe cling film and Fill the blind baking beans.
- Place in the oven and blind bake for 15-20 minutes until fully blind baked and cooked. Remove from the oven and allow to cool. Drop the oven temperature to 180C.
- next, In a bowl, combine the caster sugar and corn flour with the eggs and beat well. Stir in the lemon juice and zest, and the grated quince ( apple) and dessert apple.
- Stir well and add the butter.
- Pour the lemon and apple mixture over the blind baked tart.
- Place the tin back in the oven for a further 30-35 minutes or until the topping as set and lightly coloured. The centre should no longer moves when you shake the tin, only wobble.
- Remove from the oven and cool at room temperature for 20 minutes.
- Transfer to the fridge for 2 hours to set fully.
- To serve, dust with icing sugar and enjoy with a fresh pot of tea!