- 60 g ground almond
- 60 g caster sugar + extra to sprinkle
- 60 g butter
- 1 egg
- 4 croissants
- 80 g Flaked almond
- 1/2 lemon juice
- Preheat the oven to 180C and prepare a baking tray.
- In a bowl, combine the butter, caster sugar and ground almonds, then add the egg. add a little of lemon juice if desired. Keep aside until needed.
- Slice the croissants in half lengthways.
- Spread a layer of almond cream over each pastry base and sprinkle a few flakes almonds.
- Close the croissant and drizzle the leftover almond cream on top of the croissant.
- Sprinkle with the rest of the flaked almond and place on the baking tray.
- Bake in the oven for 10-15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and serve warm with a tasty cup of tea!