Accordion Crispiest Potatoes chips
These crispy chips are so tasty and so worth the time spend to prepare them if you want to impress guests!
- 8 rooster potatoes
- 1 tbsp thyme chopped
- 50 g parmesan grated
- Oil for frying
- Salt and pepper
- Cut the potatoes into a rectangle. Keeping the thickness to about 3-4 cm thin depending on the size of the potato.
- Using two wood skewers place on both side of the squared potato, slices into very thin incisions, letting the skewers stop your knife.
- Turn the potato upside down and start slicing again with a 45 degree angle this time.
- Place the chopped potatoes in water for 1 hour minimum or so to help remove excess starch.
- I like to blanch them slightly for 2 minutes in boiling salted water to help remove extra starch, but it is not required.
- Once ready, Preheat a deep fat fryer to 180˚C.
- Place the potatoes in the oil. Cook for 3-5 minutes until the potatoes are cooked and crispy.
- Remove from the basket and drain in kitchen paper.
- Sprinkle straightaway the grated parmesan, slat and thyme.
- Enjoy hot or at room temperature with your favourite sauce.