Smoked Haddock Smokies
- large frying pan
- ramekin dishes x 4 or crock pot
- 1 tbsp olive Oil
- 500 g naturally smoked haddock skin removed and diced.
- 1 Punnet Cherry tomatoes halved
- 3 Spring Onions thinly sliced
- 1 large Potato diced in small cubes.
- 200 ml Cream
- 110 g Crème Fraiche
- 120 g mature cheddar cheese grated
- Preheat your oven to 180°C/350F/Gas Mark 4
- Heat a large frying pan with 1 tbsp oil and fry the haddock pieces for approximately 2 minutes.
- Add the potatoes, tomatoes, spring onions, crème fraiche and cream and cook for a further 8 - 10 minutes on a lower simmering heat. Remove from the heat, Season lightly and add half of the cheese to melt in the infused cream.
- Divide the mixture into 4 ramekin dishes or crockpot. Sprinkle the top of each dish with the remaining cheddar cheese and place in the oven until the cheese is bubbling and slightly browned.
- Serve immediately with some nice crusty bread or salad.
Try to use naturally smoked haddock as opposed to dyed. You could substitute Haddock for any firm smoked fish such as cod or coley.