Red Wine and Strawberry Soup
- 600 ml strong Red wine
- 80 g caster Sugar
- 1 Vanilla Pod cut in half lengthways
- 600 g Strawberry quartered
- Combine the 100ml of red wine and the sugar in a saucepan with the vanilla pod. Bring to simmer to dissolve the sugar. Remove from the heat and place in a large bowl. Pour the rest of the red wine and add the strawberries.
- Allow to marinate for about 30 -90 minutes to allow the flavours to infuse.
- Serve the red wine chilled and strawberries or serve the strawberries on the side with some crushed ice or at room temperature.