This light, zesty dessert is the perfect palate cleanser after a meal. Serve in martini glasses or ramekins, and for a special occasion, garnish with some fresh berries.
- 3 eggs separated
- 600 ml Cream
- 100 g Caster Sugar
- Juice and Zest of 1 Lemon
- 3-4 Gelatine Leaves
- 50 ml Water
- Whipped Cream to serve (optional)
- In a bowl, place the cold water and add the gelatine leaves. Set aside to bloom for 3-8 minutes or until required.
- In a large bowl, whisk the cream until soft peaks and set aside.
- In a third bowl, whisk the egg yolks, sugar and lemon zest until combine, then stir in the lemon juice.
- Pour the egg and sugar mixture into the cream and fold the two mixture.
- Then, take the bloomed gelatine and transfer into a small saucepan with 25-30 ml of the water. Over a low/ medium heat, swirl the contents in the pan until the gelatine has dissolved. don’t let it boil. Remove from the heat, and quickly whisk the dissolved gelatine into the cream mixture.
- In a fourth bowl, Beat the eggs whites to a soft peak and immediately fold in the cream mixture.
- Pour the mousse into serving glasses or moulds and place in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour, until set.
- Serves within two days.