Baked Lemon tart
This is my fool proof lemon tart mixture
- 300 g shortcrust pastry or sweet pastry
- 225 g sugar
- 1 lemon zest
- 90 ml fresh lemon juice about 2-3 lemons
- 3 large eggs beaten
- 20 g corn flour
- 400 g Raspberry to decorate
- icing sugar to dust
- Preheat the oven to 180˚C.
- Roll out the pastry on a lightly floured surface. Line, with the pastry, a fluted tart tin with removable bottom. Place in the fridge to set for 30 minutes. Set over the pastry parchment or oven safe cling film and Fill the blind baking beans.
- Place in the oven and blind bake for 15-20 minutes until fully cooked. Remove from the oven and allow to cool. Drop the oven temperature to 150C.
- In the meantime, In a bowl, combine the caster sugar, lemon juice and zest, eggs and corn flour until fully combined.
- Pour the lemon mixture over the blind baked tart.
- Place the tin back in the oven for a further 25-30 minutes or until the topping as set and very lightly coloured. The centre should no longer moves when you shake the tin.
- Remove from the oven and cool at room temperature for 20 minutes.
- Transfer to the fridge for 2 hours to set fully.
- To serve, place the raspberries and dust with icing sugar. Serve within two days.