Flambeed Cherry Jubilee
- 450 g fresh cherries
- 100 g caster sugar
- ½ lemon Juice
- 2 Strips Orange Zest
- 2 sprig lavender flowers – optional
- 50 ml kirsch warmed
- 4 tbsp. vanilla ice cream
- Warm a sauté pan over a moderate heat. Scatter the caster sugar and melt for a minute until just starting to colour. Toss the cherries in the pan with orange zest and lemon juice and lavender if using.
- Tilt the pan onto one side and carefully pour the kirsch over the cherries, let the kirsch ignite. Once the flame has extinguished, continue to cook for a further minute or until the cherries are starting to break down. Remove from the heat.
- Spoon the cherries and juices into serving dishes and add some ice cream.
- Enjoy straight away.